A “Table D” or “Table 4” rate for life insurance quotes is generally equal to the “standard” rating plus an additional 100% premium, effectively doubling the cost versus a standard rate. As an example, if the standard rates were $1,000 per year, the Table D or Table 4 rates would be approximately $2,000. Some insurance companies use different rating percentages than others, but this is generally the industry standard.
If you have already applied for life insurance and been offered a Table D rating on your life insurance application, it is likely due to the one of the following:
2. Abnormal blood pressure readings
3. Abnormal cholesterol readings
4. Abnormal lab results, including A1C readings or liver function tests
5. Abnormal EKG reading
6. Diabetes combined with other risk factors or early onset diabetes life insurance
7. Cancer history
8. Heart issues or heart disease, such as stents, a heart attack, bypass surgery, low ejection fraction rate, etc.
9. Sleep apnea, including use of a CPAP or Bi-PAP machine
10. Other chronic disease or disorder
11. Combination of the above
Every carrier uses different underwriting guidelines, so even though you may have been offered a Table 4 rate by one company, you might be able to get a better rate with a different company.
You might be thinking that it would be a good idea to simply apply for again with another company and hope the results are better next time…this is the wrong approach! The more companies that give you a table rating on a formal application, the less likely you will be to receive a better offer later!
An independent life insurance agent can shop your medical profile informally where no personal information is revealed to the insurance carriers, just a general profile. That’s where we come in – we specialize in high risk life insurance and make sure you are getting the best possible offer. This is how it works:
1. Click here to Get an Instant Quote or call us at 1-888-972-0024. You can also send us an e-mail by clicking here.
2. We submit a general profile to 10-15 of the most competitive, highly rated life insurance companies with the lowest rates available
3. We review the offers and send you a spreadsheet with the lowest rates from the company or companies that make the best offer
4. You apply for the policy of your choice that fits your budget. We walk you through all of the paperwork, follow up on the medical underwriting, and get the finalized offer.
5. The policy is prepared and mailed with a return envelope, just sign where indicated and return with the premium. You’re done!