Medigap Plan M is offered in a number of states, and like other supplement plans, covers basic benefits for medical and hospital expenses. This plan offers the same benefits as plan D, but covers only 50% of the Part A deductible – the insured will need to pay the other 50% out-of-pocket.
As with plan D, this plan will benefit people who want to be able to predict what their monthly medical expenses will be, but are willing to pay a little more of out-of-pocket to keep their premiums down.
Medigap Plan M covered benefits:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance plus coverage for 365 additional days after Medicare benefits are used up
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment
- First 3 pints of blood
- Part A hospice care coinsurance or copayment
- 50% of Part A hospitalization deductible
- Skilled nursing facility co-insurance
- Foreign travel emergency (up to plan limits)
Medigap Plan M benefits not covered:
- Medicare Part B medical deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
See the chart below for a side-by-side comparison of each of the Medicare supplement plans:
For questions about Virginia Medigap plans or if you would like a free quote comparison, please give us a call at 1-800-571-2980 between the hours of 9 AM and 9 PM eastern time. You can also reach us by e-mail at Info@terminsurancebrokers.com 24 hours a day.