Assurity Life has recently revamped their disability insurance product and introduced the new Century+ Disability Income Insurance policy. Blue collar workers are Assurity’s specialty, offering superior coverage to workers that depend more often on manual labor and dexterity than white-collar professionals. Occupation classes (which determine the premiums and benefits allowed) are often a full class or two higher than what other companies offer to blue-collar workers. This allows individuals qualify for benefits up to age 67 when they may only qualify for a 2-year or 5-year benefit with other companies.
One of the best improvements to the Century Plus disability coverage is the option to extend the true “own occupation” definition of disability all the way up to age 67. Occupations that depend on manual dexterity and labor are often limited to a 2-year or 5-year “own occupation” definition with other companies, and Assurity has taken advantage of that opportunity to become one of the new disability market leaders.
Coverage options available for Century+ disability insurance from Assurity are as follows:
- Benefit periods of 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, to age 65, or to age 67
- Waiting periods of 30, 60, 90, 180, or 365 days
- Occupation classes 4A, 3A, 2A, and 1A
- Automatic benefit enhancement – increases benefit amount by 5% of the original benefit each year while on claim
- Catastrophic disability rider – pays an additional benefit in the event of a catastrophic disability
- Critical illness rider – pays a single lump sum benefit when a critical illness such as heart attack, stroke, cancer, or kidney failure strikes
- Guaranteed insurability rider – allows you to add additional coverage without evidence of medical insurability when your income increases
- Non-Cancelable rider – guarantees premiums to age 65
- Own occupation rider – extends the true “own occupation” definition of disability to your choice of 5 years, 10 years, to age 65, or to age 67
- Residual disability rider – pays benefits for partial disabilities and recovery, which represent a large portion of actual claims
- Retroactive injury benefit rider – pays a lump sum benefit equal to the disability waiting period (or 90 days) for an injury that causes disability for more than 90 days
- Return of premium rider – returns a lump sum equal to up to 100% of premiums paid on a sliding scale
If you would like a personalized quote for an Assurity disability policy, please complete the short form below. Instant online quoting is not available for disability insurance due to the number of factors involved in creating the quotes. You can also call us at 1-888-972-0024 for immediate assistance from 9 AM to 9 PM or CLICK HERE to send us an e-mail 24 hours a day.