Medigap Plan A is required to be offered by all insurance companies who offer Medicare supplement plans. This plan covers 100% of the basic benefits that can be offered by insurance companies under a Medicare supplement plan and is suitable for individuals on a budget who want to have a little more coverage than what Medicare Part A and Part B provides.
Medigap Plan A covered benefits:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance plus coverage for 365 additional days after Medicare benefits are used up
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment
- First 3 pints of blood
- Part A hospice care coinsurance or copayment
Medigap Plan A benefits not covered:
- Skilled Nursing Facility Care coinsurance
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Foreign travel emergency (up to plan limits)
See the chart below for a side-by-side comparison of each of the Medicare supplement plans:
If you have any questions about Virginia Medigap plans or would like a free quote comparison, please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-571-2980 between the hours of 9 AM and 9 PM eastern time. You can also reach us by e-mail at Info@terminsurancebrokers.com 24 hours a day.