Medigap Plan F covers all 9 benefits at 100%! Plan F is the most popular Medigap plan as it provides the most comprehensive coverage – this plan will pay the remaining portion of whatever Medicare doesn’t pay for medical and hospital charges as long as the charge is approved by Medicare.
Ideally, this plan will benefit people who want to have the peace of mind in knowing that all of their Medicare approved charges will be covered.
Medigap Plan F covered benefits:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance plus coverage for 365 additional days after Medicare benefits are used up
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment
- First 3 pints of blood
- Part A hospice care coinsurance or copayment
- Part A hospitalization deductible
- Part B medical deductible
- Part B excess charges
- Skilled nursing facility co-insurance
- Foreign travel emergency (up to plan limits)
Plan F also offers a high-deductible version of the plan – it is the only plan that offers this feature. Under a high-deductible plan F, the insured must pay for Medicare-covered costs up to the year’s deductible amount before the supplement plan pays anything. The benefit of the high-deductible plan F is that it offers the insured a much lower monthly premium.