Medigap Plan B is offered by most states, and like other supplement plans, covers basic benefits for medical and hospital expenses. As with plan A, this plan covers the basic benefits supplement plans provide, but also covers the Part A Deductible for hospitalization. This plan is helpful to individuals who are on a budget, but do not want to have to pay the Part A deductible.
Medigap Plan B covered benefits:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance plus coverage for 365 additional days after Medicare benefits are used up
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment
- First 3 pints of blood
- Part A hospice care coinsurance or copayment
- Part A hospitalization deductible
Medigap Plan B benefits not covered:
- Skilled Nursing Facility Care coinsurance
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Foreign travel emergency (up to plan limits)
See the chart below for a side-by-side comparison of each of the Medicare supplement plans:
If you have any questions about Virginia Medigap Plans or would like a free quote comparison, please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-571-2980 between the hours of 9 AM and 9 PM eastern time. You can also reach us by e-mail at Info@terminsurancebrokers.com 24 hours a day.