Term Insurance Brokers now offers help with Nevada health insurance! Since the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (otherwise known as Obamacare), the entire industry has changed dramatically. As your independent broker, we help guide you through the confusing maze of insurance companies, provider networks, tax subsidies, and how to get the best coverage for your designated budget and personal healthcare needs. You can get an instant Nevada health insurance quote by clicking the link above this article.
Just getting a quote does not tell the whole story though. Many people only look at the monthly cost when determining which plan to purchase. However, there are many considerations when enrolling in a family health insurance plan in Nevada:
- What type of provider network are you comfortable with? Is a local HMO network acceptable? Do you want nationwide coverage access with a PPO network plan from Blue Cross/Blue Shield or United Healthcare?
- What is your preferred budget? What is the maximum you would want to pay?
- Does your employer offer health insurance? If so, what are the costs and benefits? TermInsuranceBrokers can help you compare.
- Do you prefer “catastrophic” coverage with a high deductible at a lower monthly price, or coverage with a low deductible, low-cost fixed copayments for health services, and a higher monthly price?
Nevada Health Insurance Companies Partnered with TermInsuranceBrokers.com
We are independently licensed with many of the top health insurance companies in Virginia. The companies we offer coverage from include Aetna,Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Assurant Health, Health Plan of Nevada (HPN), Humana, Nevada Health Co-op, and Sierra Health. HPN and Sierra Health are both owned by United Healthcare. Sierra Health offers nationwide PPO network coverage using the national United Healthcare network, and HPN uses a local HMO network only with Nevada.
The Nevada health insurance quote link can be helpful in getting started to compare plans offered by different companies. Health insurance is a complex product and it is our job to make sure you understand exactly what you are purchasing and answer any questions you might have.
How to Choose a Nevada Health Insurance Plan
The question we hear most often from our clients is “how do I know which policy to choose?” While there is no simple answer to that question, there are some ways to narrow down what you think is best. The key points to choosing a plan include:
- What is a deductible? This is the amount you would pay before receiving a benefit, unless specified otherwise.
- What is co-insurance? This is the percentage that the insurance company will pay AFTER the deductible. This number is usually 100%, 80%, 70%, or in some cases, 50%. If the insurance company pays 80%, that means you would owe 20% of the charges remaining.
- What is the maximum out of pocket expense? This is the most you will pay in total for the year, after which the insurance company pays 100%. The Affordable Care Act limits the maximum expense per person to $6,600 or $13,200 for a family. Maximum expense limits are indexed to inflation, so the amount will go up slightly each year.
- What coverage is offered for prescription drugs? Some plans have a fixed copayment for prescription drugs on a three-tier or four-tier system (for example – generics for $10, preferred brand name drugs for $30, non-preferred brand names for $50). Other plans require you to pay the entire policy deductible before receiving prescription benefits.
- What is the monthly premium? This is the amount you pay each month for your policy. If your household income is less than 400% of the federal poverty limit (about $95,000 for a family of four), you may also qualify for a subsidy that helps reduce your cost of coverage.
If you have any questions about Nevada health insurance plans, please feel free to give us a call directly at 702-476-3805 or 1-877-656-1436 from 8AM to 6PM Pacific Time, or e-mail us at Info@terminsurancebrokers.com 24 hours a day.
TermInsuranceBrokers.com has been awarded a Top Pick endorsement from Las Vegas Top Picks. We are the only website to be named a Las Vegas Top Pick for Nevada health insurance!