Medigap Plan G is offered by most states, and like other Medicare supplement plans, covers basic benefits for medical and hospital expenses. Plan G has been steadily growing in popularity. It provides all of the same benefits as the plan F, except for the Part B deductible.
As with the plan F, this plan will benefit people who want to have the peace of mind in knowing that all of their Medicare approved charges will be covered once the Part B annual deductible has been met.
Medigap Plan G covered benefits:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance plus coverage for 365 additional days after Medicare benefits are used up
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment
- First 3 pints of blood
- Part A hospice care coinsurance or copayment
- Part A hospitalization deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Skilled nursing facility co-insurance
- Foreign travel emergency (up to plan limits)
Medigap Plan G benefits not covered:
- Part B medical deductible