Transamerica Life was founded in 1930 when it was merged with Occidental Life. The company’s slogan is “The Power of the Pyramid” and Transamerica one of the oldest and most financially stable life insurance companies in the industry. In 1999, the AEGON group, headquartered in the Netherlands and serving millions of customers worldwide, purchased Transamerica. Transamerica maintains an A+ rating from A.M. Best.
One of the best features of Transamerica long term care insurance policies is their spouse discount. If both spouses apply for a policy in good faith, they can qualify for a 40% discount on premiums, with up to an additional 10% discount for preferred health risks. The following long term care insurance policies are currently offered depending on your state of residence:
- Transamerica TransCare
- Transamerica TransCare Enhanced
- Transamerica TransCare Options
- Transamerica TransCare Options Enhanced
A long term care policy from Transamerica can be designed to include the following benefits:
- Compound inflation protection
- Up to a 10-year rate guarantee (3 or 5-year guarantee at no extra charge in most states)
- Up to a $400 per day benefit
- Cash benefit available (instead of re-imbursement benefit)
- Benefit options of 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 years, or unlimited coverage.
- Joint waiver of premium after benefits begin for one spouse
- Waiver of elimination period for home healthcare and adult day care
- Survivorship benefit for a spouse
- Limited pay options (single pay, 10-pay, or pay to age 65)
To get a quote for a Transamerica long term care insurance policies, please complete the short form below, give us a call at 1-800-571-2980 from 9 AM to 9 PM eastern time, or send us an e-mail at Info@terminsurancebrokers.com 24 hours a day. We can help design a long term care policy to suit your personal needs and budget and compare the cost of Transamerica’s coverage with rates from other long term care insurance companies.