Prudential is one of the largest insurance companies in the US and has been in business for over 130 years. They have been offering long term care insurance policies since 1986. The company remains a market leader with innovative products and plan designs that are not offered by other companies. Prudential maintains an A+ financial rating from A.M. Best.
Substantial discounts are offered for Prudential long term care insurance policies for qualifying individuals or couples and preferred health risks. Those discounts include:
- Spouse/partner – 30% discount for spouses or domestic partners applying together
- Married or have a domestic partner not applying for coverage – 15% discount. This discount may also apply to siblings, parent/child, other family relationships, or two people over age 18 that have an established relationship and have lived together for at least 12 months
- Preferred health – Additional discount for being in good health
Prudential currently offers the following plans:
Prudential LTC3 – a comprehensive, traditional long term care insurance policy with a wide variety of benefit options and riders that can enhance the overall coverage.
Prudential Evolution LTC – an innovative new concept of long term care insurance with no daily or monthly maximum benefit limits that traditional LTC policies have. Prudential will reimburse 80% of the actual eligible charges for covered services up to your policy’s lifetime maximum benefit. Benefits begin after a 90-day waiting period.
Benefits include the following:
- Daily benefit with your choice of $50-500 per day on Prudential LTC3
- Total benefit pool of $100,000 – $1,000,000 for Prudential Evolution
- Benefit periods of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, or unlimited years (4, 6, 8, 10, 10, 12, or 20 years for shared/joint policies)
- Waiting periods of your choice of 0, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 365 days
- Optional shared-care benefit for joint policies
- Compound inflation protection (3% or 5% compound with no maximum, 5% compound up to 2x maximum, 5% simple, or guaranteed purchase option, optional)
- Waiver of premium after your benefits begin
- Daily or monthly option for home care benefit
- Your choice of 50%, 75%, 100%, or 150% of the facility daily benefit for home healthcare
- Cash Benefit or Flexible Cash Benefit options
- Waiver of elimination period for home healthcare (optional)
- Survivorship benefit for a spouse (optional)
- Joint waiver of premium (optional)
- Return of Premium upon death (optional)
- Restoration of Benefits (optional)
- Nonforfeiture (optional)
- Limited pay options (10-pay, pay to age 65, or premiums reduced by 50% at age 65 all available)
To get a quote for a Prudential LTC3 or Evolution long term care insurance policy, please complete the short form below, give us a call at 1-800-571-2980 from 9 AM to 9 PM eastern time, or send us an e-mail at Info@terminsurancebrokers.com 24 hours a day. We can help design a long term care policy to suit your personal needs and budget and compare the cost of Prudential’s coverage with rates from other leading long term care insurance companies.