Medigap plan F is the most comprehensive plan available to provide supplemental benefits to Original Medicare (Parts A & B). There are 9 essential benefits provided by Medigap plans and plan F covers all of them at 100%:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs up to an additional 365 days after benefits under Medicare are exhausted
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment
- The first 3 pints of blood
- Part A hospice care coinsurance or copayment
- Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance
- Medicare Part A deductible ($1,216 for 2014)
- Medicare Part B deductible ($147 for 2014)
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Foreign Travel Emergency (up to plan limits)
Since plan F is considered to be the “cadillac plan” of Medigap plans, it’s going to have the highest rates. So how do you keep your costs down if the premiums are too expensive and you want the best plan? The answer – you take on a little more risk. Under a high-deductible plan F, you will have a plan deductible ($2,140 in 2014) that must be met before the benefits kick in. In return, your premiums will be much lower in comparison to a regular plan F.
So which one is better? The answer differs for everyone as each individual has their own personal preference, need, monetary budget, medical history, etc. To get a free quote comparison of these two plans and any of the other Medigap plans, give us a call at 1-888-972-0024 or CLICK HERE to e-mail us 24 hours a day.