A “Table J” or “Table 10″ life insurance rating is generally equal to the “standard” rating plus an additional 350% premium. As an example, if the standard rates were $1,000 per year, the Table J or Table 10 rates would be approximately $3,500. Some life insurance companies use different rating systems than others, but this is generally the industry standard.
If you have been assigned or offered a Table J risk classification on your life insurance application, it is likely due to the one of the following:
- Highly abnormal blood pressure readings
- Highly abnormal cholesterol readings
- Abnormal lab results, including A1C hemoglobin levels or elevated liver functions
- Abnormal EKG reading
- History of cancer
- History of heart issues or heart disease
- Sleep apnea, including use of a CPAP or Bi-PAP machine combined with other conditions
- Bipolar disorder or other mental/nervous disorder and receiving disability payments
- Chronic pain and/or use of narcotic pain medication
- Other disease or disorder
Every insurance company has different underwriting rules, so while you may have been offered a Table J rating by one company, you might be able to get a better rate with another company.
You may be thinking at this point that it would be a good idea to just apply for another policy with a different company and the results are better next time…STOP! The more companies that give you a table rating, the less likely your odds are to get a better offer!
You need the help of an independent life insurance agent that can shop your medical history on an informal basis (no personal information is revealed to the insurance companies, just a general profile). That’s where we come in – we have specialized in high risk life insurance for over 30 years and make sure you are getting the best possible offer. This is how it works:
- Click the Get a Quote banner below to input your information, or call us at 1-to review by phone. You can also e-mail us 24 hours a day by clicking here.
- We submit a general medical profile to 10-15 of the most competitive, highly rated life insurance companies with the lowest rates in the industry
- We review all of the offers received and send you a spreadsheet with the rates from the companies that made the best offers
- You apply for the policy of your choice. We help walk you through all of the paperwork, follow up on the medical underwriting, and get the finalized offer.
- The policy is prepared and mailed with a return envelope, simply sign where indicated and return with the premium check. You’re done!